Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Mother


We have travelled far
And I thought together
You made me
Every way
To what end, I now ask
You made me a stranger
The joker and the jonah
And Now you laugh at me
I like that!

You have travelled far
And you thought with me
Your second born on caesarian debut
The moon was always mine
On arrogant gurgling demand
And the spanks
And the warm hugs of indulgence
When I reached for another's nipple;-)

I have travelled far
And we thought, with you
For you didnt feed my mind
Only, watered it down
I weathered my storms at your man's boots
You bandaged my body
But could you suture my soul?
The very thought is rape, a violation
You clipped my means to think
Is that why I fight sentiment
And become subordinate to logic
I have no complaints
For it wasnt mine to choose you
We have travelled apart

You ask me
To sacrifice my individuality
Isnt there always a different viewpoint
I get my feed of clover, here too
Can good to me be bad to you
You wanted me
Not I
The womb is better
Need is absent by its presence
It is the fluid, the medium, the cosmos
Whilst here, you changed my nappies

To become subjugated to please
Is to ask me to soar wingless
Today you condemn me for flying
I am damned if I do
And damned if I dont
My self screams for living a lie

We shall travel apart
Like I began when I was born
Emotional blackmails later I succumbed
To discover acceptances being pretenses
You open like an onion
The core is less fragrant than the layers
You will be you
And I will be I
Loners as always
It breaks your heart and mine too
Yours for what I would'nt be
Mine, for what you could'nt be.

1 comment:

newavatar said...

besan ki sondhi roti par
khatti chatni jaisi maa
yaad aati hai chouka baasan
chimta phukni jaisi maa

Baan ki khoori khaat ke upar
har aahat par kaan dhare
aadhi soyee aadhi jaagi
thaki dupahari jaisi maa

chidiyon ki chehkaar mein goonje
radha mohan ali ali
murge ki aawaaz se khulti
ghar ki kundi jaisi maa

biwi beti behen padosan
thori thori si sab mein
din bhar ek rassi ke upar
chalti natni jaisi maa

baant ke apna chehra maatha
aankhen jaane kahan gayeen
phate purane ek album mein
chanchal ladki jaisi maa